In response to the Province-wide shutdown announced by the Ontario Government on December 21, the County of Hastings is working with local child care operators to offer emergency licensed child care to eligible parents.
Emergency child care is available to eligible frontline and health care workers at no cost from January 4-8, 2021. Free emergency child care is only available to school age children. Emergency child care is being provided by five child care providers in Hastings County. For more information, please contact the Intake Access Centre (613)-771-9630 or toll free at 1-866-414-0300
The following child care providers are offering Emergency Child Care:
- Little Rascals Child Care Inc. – (613)-962-9118
- Trenton Military Family Resource Centre – (613)-965-3575
- Stirling Little Sprouts Daycare – (613)-395-6495
- Seeds to Sprouts Childcare Centre – (613)-779-1051
- Family Space Quinte Inc. – (613)-966-9427
Licensed child care for children aged 0-3.8 years will continue during this period.
If you are considered an essential frontline worker and want to apply for free licensed childcare for your school aged child (ren) for the week of January 4 to 8, 2021 you are required to:
- Secure a space at a Licenced Child Care Centre from the above Approved list of Emergency Child Care Centres
- Contact Hastings County Intake Access Centre at (613)771-9630 or toll free at 1-866-414-0300
- Indicate you are calling in regards to Emergency Child Care. You will then be transferred to a Child Care Caseworker who can assist you.
When you speak with a Child Care Caseworker you will be required to provide the following information:
- Name and date of birth of all family members (ID required)
- Address (must live in Hastings County)
- Verification of your current employer which could include a current paystub, work I.D., letter from employer etc.
Thank you for your interest in Hastings County Before and After school programs. The County continues to work collaboratively with our local School Boards and Hastings Prince Edward Public Health to ensure a safe and healthy reopening of our school programs. Once the Ministry of Education announces their school reopening plan, the County will contact families by email providing a registration package for completion. Families previously enrolled in the County’s Before and After School Programs will be given first priority. New families will be placed on a wait list until Ministry approval is received for the operation of our child care programs.
Community and Human Services offices are closed. Clients are encouraged to call their Caseworker, Child Care Worker or Property Supervisor directly at 613-966-1311 or contact the office through our Intake Access Centre 613-771-9630 or 1-866-414-0300.
To apply for Ontario Works, Emergency Assistance, Subsidized Housing or Subsidized Child Care, contact the Intake Access Centre at: 613-771-9630 or 1-866-414-0300, or apply online at www.ontario.ca/socialassistance.
For inquiries about Community and Human Services programs and services, contact email@example.com.
For more details on how we can serve you during these adjusted operations and times please see: Covid-19 Guide to Serving You Better
Hastings County Children’s Services strives to offer services that are inclusive, accessible and meet the diverse needs of the community.
By supporting a sense of belonging and well-being for children, families and educators this ensures optimal learning and development in all areas.
Licensed Child Care Options in Hastings County
Child Care Subsidy
Child Care Subsidy to provide financial assistance to families who require help with their child care costs. To apply for subsidy call 613-771-9630 or 1-866-414-0300.
Before and After School Programs
- The County of Hastings directly operates four Before and After School Programs, at the following locations:
- St. Michael’s Catholic School
- Sir John A MacDonald Public School
- Trent River Public School
- Frankford Public School
- Acknowledgement of Parent Handbook and Payment Policies
- After School only Schedule Agreement
- Childcare emergency information contact form
- Parent Handbook
- Before & After School Schedule Agreement
For more information on the Before and After Programs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for Childcare Professionals
For additional information, please see our EarlyON page.
Child Care and Early Years’ 5 Year Service Plan
Licensed Childcare Operators Information
- Wage Enhancement/Home Child Care Enhancement, Fee Stabilization Support
Provide Input to Enhance the Early Years and Child Care System
Complete the Ministry of Education’s survey on the 5-year review of the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014.
Families and child care partners are encouraged to provide input through the following link: https://www.ontario.ca/page/consultation-strengthening-early-years-and-child-care-ontario
The survey closes July 21, 2020.