Job Opening Information
- Current registration as a Social Worker with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) to be able to provide appropriate clinical services to Deaf and Hard of Hearing students and families.
- Knowledge of theories/practices of professional social work normally acquired through completion of a clinical Master of Social Work degree.
- Knowledge of, and ability, to analyse educational programs, community resources and family support systems and to modify them to meet the needs of the students.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, ministry and Provincial and Demonstration Schools Branch policies, procedures, and rules of confidentiality.
- Successful experience working with students who are Deaf and/or Hard of Hearing, students with Learning Disabilities and their families.
- Thorough knowledge of child development, social and environmental influences, cultural diversity, family systems and age-appropriate change strategies.
- Ability to use computers and related software to prepare reports and maintain case documentation.
- Demonstrated counselling and case management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills in English, to communicate effectively with parents, colleagues, and professionals.
- Well-developed research and recording skills for documentation.
- Presentation skills to delivery training workshops to parents, staff, and school boards.
online – https://ca.indeed.com/jobs?q&l=Belleville%2C%20ON&sort=date&vjk=5af9e93433202eba