Janitor – Canadian Tire
Job Opening Information
Full Job Description
Are you ready to join Canada’s most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The janitor is responsible for keeping the store clean and orderly. Duties include cleaning and maintenance of all areas of the store.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Is responsible for keeping the store clean and tidy so that the customers have a welcoming environment to shop in.
- Sweeps and cleans the main retail and Automotive Service Centre area floor.
- Cleans the windows.
- Polishes the chrome railings at the front of the store.
- Cleans the entrance grid as required.
- Empties exterior and interior garbage bins, including in bathrooms.
- Disinfects and cleans the washrooms including stalls, mirrors, walls, toilets, floors and sink area.
- Mixes water and detergents to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Fills soap dispensers, replace toilet paper and replenish any other washroom supplies, as required.
- Cleans the office floors, dusts desks and empties garbage and recycle bins.
- Cleans locker and staff room floors, countertops/sinks, appliances and sitting area.
- Communicates supply needs to management.
- Abides by store’s lock up procedures.
- Ensures all cleaning equipment is maintained regularly.
- Removes snow from front entrance and exit and emergency exits.
- Strips and buffs floors, as required.
- Minimum of 20hours per week with potential to 35hours per week as needed. 6 days per week.
- Please indicate wage expectation in your application.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Experience in a janitorial/custodial or maintenance role.
- Experience in a Canadian Tire store is considered an asset.
- Results-oriented individual.
- Effective reading and oral communication skills.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and to demonstrate responsibility for outcomes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment that provides assistance and support to co-workers to achieve common goals.
- Ability to adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
- Positive attitude, punctuality and solid work ethic.