August 24, 2023
Warden Bob Mullin announced today, the appointment of Ms. Deborah Headley as the new Director of Community and Human Services of Hastings County, a position that has been vacant since Mr. Connor Dorey, former Director of Community and Human Services, moved to take on the Chief Administrative Officer position in July 2023. “Ms. Headley brings extensive experience and leadership to the role including over 20 years working in the public and social services sector,” said Warden Bob Mullin. “On behalf of the members of Hastings County Council and CAO Connor Dorey, I am pleased to officially welcome her to Hastings County.”
Ms. Headley has held multiple positions within the Government of British Columbia as Executive Director with the Ministry of Children and Family Development. “Her qualifications are well aligned to the Service Manager role within Ontario and Ms. Headley has ample experience overseeing staffing portfolios, budgets and directly delivered programs that will support and enhance the Community and Human Services operations,” said Connor Dorey, CAO.
“It is an honour and privilege to join Hastings County and lead forward the exceptional and very impactful work underway within the Community and Human Services Department,” said Ms. Headley. “This is an extraordinary opportunity to work collaboratively alongside our community partners and the passionate and dedicated leaders and staff in the department. I am excited for our future and everything I know that our team and community can accomplish together,” she stated.
Ms. Headley holds a Master of Social Work, a Bachelor of Social Work, a certificate of Public Leadership and received the Premier’s Award for Excellence and Innovation, Partnership in 2016. “We are very happy to welcome Ms. Headley to the Senior leadership team at Hastings County and look forward to her joining us in mid-September,” concluded Dorey.
For more information contact:
Bob Mullin, Warden
613-966-1311 ext. 3203
Connor Dorey, CAO
613-966-1311 ext. 3204
Ms. Deborah Headley
- Ms. Headley will be re-locating to Hastings County from British Columbia to join the senior leadership team as Director of Community and Human Services.
- She will begin work with Hastings County on September 19, 2023.
- Ms. Headley is currently the Executive Director, Service Delivery Division of the BC Ministry of Children and Family Development.
- Ms. Headley has held multiple leadership positions within the Government of British Columbia and has led portfolios related to mental health and service delivery to rural and remote communities.
- Ms. Headley holds a Master of Social Work, a Bachelor of Social Work, Bachelor of Sociology, a certificate of Public Sector Leadership and Lean Leadership.
- Ms. Headley was awarded the Premier’s Award for Excellence and Innovation, Partnership Category by transforming the delivery of services to rural and remote areas of the province in 2016.
- In her current role she maintains oversight of 500 front line staff responsible for Child and Youth Mental Health Community Services in over 100 clinics across the Province.