The County of Hastings is currently accepting applications for a Casual Cook in the Dietary Department at Hastings Centennial Manor Long Term Care Facility in Bancroft, Ontario.
- Prepare and set up of meals as per posted menu and production sheets.
- Portion appropriate food items as per standard portion sizes on posted menus.
- Follow and adhere to all Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Standards.
- Follow and adhere to Public Health Standards in preparation and storage of food.
- Ensure a quality product is produced and ensure a quality product is served by communicating and working with Dietary Aides.
- Provide guidance and assistance to other Dietary staff with daily production requirements.
- Follow production books / follow standardized recipes.
- Maintain a clean and sanitized work area / kitchen.
- Operate kitchen equipment / clean kitchen equipment – as per procedures.
- Receive groceries and ensure the kitchen is stocked using FIFO.
- Maintain accurate documentation and records as established by the Home.
- Other duties as assigned
- A chef training diploma or certificate or a culinary management diploma or certificate in accordance with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Homes Act and Regulations, or a certificate of qualification as a Cook issued by the Director of Apprenticeship.
- Ministry Approved Food Service Worker Certificate
- Current Food Handler Certificate from the Public Health Unit.
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Food Premises Regulations made under the Public Health Act.
- Demonstrated ability to: o Organize and manage time o Be a team leader o Work with minimal supervision o Regularly and punctually attend work o Complete tasks as a team player to ensure cooperation and excellence in residents satisfaction o Accurately follow and meet Ministry Standards, written procedures, and verbal instruction.
- Have good communication skills and problem solving abilities
Hours of Work:
$23.73 plus 4% vacation