• Coordinate summer food program for social housing dependents
• Assist with organizing community events/opportunities for low-income people living in social housing in Hastings County
• Provide information regarding available community programs to social housing residents
• Assist Housing Recreation Program Coordinators as required
• Other duties as assigned
• Enrolled as post-secondary student (College/University) and returning to full-time education at a post-secondary institution in September 2024
• Strong computer skills (Internet, MS Programs)
• Strong interpersonal & organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize
• Experience/education in social services field required
• Experience/education relating to children, youth and seniors an asset
• Valid “G” license
• Must have own vehicle or regular access to a vehicle
• Clear police background check
• Confidentiality Agreement must be signed
Work Location: Belleville and/or Trenton
Position Length: May 21 – August 23, 2024
Closing date to Apply: February 29, 2023 by 4:00 pm
Please direct resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE QUOTE ‘SUMMER STUDENT Posting #2024-SUM-CHS-63-65 IN THE SUBJECT LINE WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION.
FINAL LOCATION BEING FILLED MAY BE DIFFERENT FROM THAT POSTED.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information collected will be used only for the purposes of this employment opportunity.
We thank all candidates who apply, but advise that only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
“The County of Hastings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.”