• Maintenance of lawns and gardens including mowing, planting, taking up, trimming hedges.
• Garbage removal, window washing and cleaning washrooms, walls and floors.
• Polish floors, dust furniture and vacuum rugs.
• Painting both interior and exterior
• Clean parking lot, moving equipment and installing as required.
• Be aware of and follow the Occupational Health and Safety Act and any County Policies.
• Other duties as may be assigned or required from time to time.
• Enrolled as post-secondary student (College/University) and returning to full-time education at a post-secondary institution in September 2024.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Experience in the maintenance or construction field
• Provide own work boots
• Use of personal vehicle may be required to travel between sites
• Must possess a valid “G” license
• Police background check required
• Confidentiality Agreement must be signed
Work Location: Belleville, Quinte West and Southern Portion of Hastings County
Position Length: May 21 – August 23, 2024
Closing date to Apply: February 29, 2024 by 4:00 pm
Please direct resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE QUOTE ‘SUMMER STUDENT Posting #2024-SUM-FAC-47-51 IN THE SUBJECT LINE WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION.
FINAL LOCATION BEING FILLED MAY BE DIFFERENT FROM THAT POSTED.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information collected will be used only for the purposes of this employment opportunity.
We thank all candidates who apply, but advise that only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
“The County of Hastings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.”