Children's Services

Thank you for your interest in Hastings County Before and After school programs.  The County continues to work collaboratively with our local School Boards and Hastings Prince Edward Public Health to ensure a safe and healthy reopening of our school programs. Once the Ministry of Education announces their school reopening plan, the County will contact families by email providing a registration package for completion.  Families previously enrolled in the County’s Before and After School Programs will be given first priority. New families will be placed on a wait list until Ministry approval is received for the operation of our child care programs.

Community and Human Services offices are closed. Clients are encouraged to call their Caseworker, Child Care Worker or Property Supervisor directly at 613-966-1311 or contact the office through our Intake Access Centre 613-771-9630 or 1-866-414-0300. 

To apply for Ontario Works, Emergency Assistance, Subsidized Housing or Subsidized Child Care, contact the Intake Access Centre at: 613-771-9630 or 1-866-414-0300, or apply online at

For inquiries about Community and Human Services programs and services, contact

For more details on how we can serve you during these adjusted operations and times please click this link Covid-19 Guide to Serving You Better

Hastings County Children’s Services strives to offer services that are inclusive, accessible and meet the diverse needs of the community.

By supporting a sense of belonging and well-being for children, families and educators this ensures optimal learning and development in all areas.

Licensed Child Care Options in Hastings County

 Find a Program Near You

Child Care Subsidy

  • Child Care Subsidy to provide financial assistance to families who require help with their child care costs. To apply for subsidy call 613-771-9630 or 1-866-414-0300.

Before and After School Programs

  • The County of Hastings directly operates four Before and After School Programs, at the following locations:
    • St. Michael’s Catholic School
    • Sir John A MacDonald Public School
    • Trent River Public School
    • Frankford Public School

Parent Resources

for more information on the Before and After Programs, please contact us at

Resources for Childcare Professionals


Child Care and Early Years' 5 Year Service Plan

Licensed Childcare Operators Information

Provide Input to Enhance the Early Years and Child Care System

Complete the Ministry of Education's survey on the 5-year review of the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014.

Families and child care partners are encouraged to provide input through the following link:

The survey closes July 21, 2020.