Job Opening Information
Reporting to the Sawmill Manager the Sawmill Equipment Operator’s primary responsibility will be
operating and maintaining equipment in the sawmill, primarily, but not limited to the Resaw.
The following responsibilities are assigned to this position:
• Operating the resaw and other equipment as directed
• Regular saw/station maintenance as required
• training and working collaboratively with other employees who are designated as the back-up
• Keeping a clean and safe workspace at all times.
• Performing all tasks in accordance with established safe work practices and standard operating
• Other duties as assigned
The following criteria are the minimum qualifications required for this position
• Experience with operating sawmill equipment, particularly circular resaws
• Experience Working with circular saws, hardwood lumber grades
• Certification as a qualified hardwood lumber grader is an asset
• Previous experience in a sawmill environment would be considered an asset.
• Ability to work in a physical product type environment
• Ability to embrace hands on solutions to complex challenges
• Positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Flexibility to work overtime as required.
Apply in person at 6421 Palmer Rd, Palmer Rapids OR
By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org