|Registered Practical Nurse opportunities are available as follows:
- Temporary, part-time Registered Practical Nurse for medical unit
- Casual Registered Practical Nurses for the medical department
- Performs all work in a safe manner in accordance with departmental and hospital occupational health and safety requirements including infection control, client handling program, WHMIS, all emergency codes etc.
- Functions in accordance and understands their scope of practice and controlled acts model as documented in the Nursing Act and the Regulated Health Professions Act
- Each nurse will know and meet the professional standards and all other standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario and therefore:
- Is accountable to the public and is responsible for ensuring that her/his practice and conduct meets legislative requirements, standards of the profession and hospital policies and procedures
- Maintains and continually improves her/his competence by assuming responsibility for his/her professional development and by participating in the College of Nurses of Ontario’s quality assurance program
- Understands, upholds and promotes the ethical values and beliefs of the hospital and the College of Nurses
- Possesses, through basic education and continuing learning, knowledge relevant to her/his professional practice
- Continually improves the application of professional knowledge by using nursing frameworks, theories and/or processes. This includes the performance of clinical skills because the technical and cognitive aspects of care are closely related and cannot be separated.
- Demonstrates her/his leadership by providing, facilitating and promoting the best care and service to the patient and the public
- Contributes to and participates in the hospital-wide continuous quality improvement program by assisting to implement changes as required to improve services and enhance departmental efficiency.