Recreation Aide – Hastings County
Job Opening Information
All Shifts; 8 hour shift Holidays Weekend availability
$25.39 an hour
To assist residents to achieve optimum physical, social, intellectual, spiritual and emotional functioning through the provision of individual and group programs and services.
· Must have a post-secondary diploma or degree in Recreation and Leisure studies, Therapeutic Recreation, Kinesiology or other related field from a community college or University.
· Courses in Gerontology and Restorative Aid training would be beneficial.
· Previous experience in coordinating activities for seniors and knowledge of community resources.
· Experience planning and implementing programs for seniors that are suitable for individuals at a lower cognitive and physical functioning level.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with residents, family members and co-workers.
· Excellent skills in communication, motivation.
· Computer literacy with experience in the use of Activity Pro, Point Click Care and RAI-MDS 2.0 is an asset.
· A demonstrated ability to carry out assigned duties and to regularly and punctually attend work.
Apply and/or view the full job posting at https://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=743add7cd35df929&l=Stirling-Rawdon%2C%20ON&tk=1grj02e5lm9u8806&from=ja&alid=59c25d95e4b0a21306d9bd79&utm_campaign=job_alerts&utm_medium=email&utm_source=jobseeker_emails&rgtk=1grj02e5lm9u8806