Job Opening Information
- Front desk: 1 year (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (preferred)
1. Demonstrate a positive and proactive attitude and be committed to providing exceptional guest care through use of initiative and empowered decision making.
2. Check in/checkout guests in a friendly and professional manner ensuring accuracy of all information and billing.
3. Greet customers immediately with a friendly welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand guest requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as local business hours/locations and attractions.
4. Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information by use of a computer system. Confirming pertinent information including; number of guests and room rate.
5. Verify credit cards for authorization using electronic methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record various methods of payment, post charges to both guest accounts and house accounts using the computer system.
6. Promptly answer the telephone while using positive and clear communication. Input messages into computer and guest accounts, retrieve messages and communicate them to guests while following security protocol. Retrieve mail and small packages for guests as requested.
7. Carry out all guest services and cashiering duties achieving accuracy and logical work sequence.
8. Close guest account at proper check out time and ascertain guest satisfaction. In the event of guest dissatisfaction negotiate within your limits and if this does not work record and relay all pertinent information to management to make final decision.
9. Review guest complaints and conduct proper research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results within your limits as a front desk agent. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts and more including dissatisfaction with building. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel occupancy.
10. Be skilled in taking reservations by phone and front desk email while utilizing selling techniques to maximize profits without losing guest reservations.
11. Be competent in the use of computer and all programs we use for daily tasks including; SynXis PM, Word, Gmail, and Excel.
12. Communicate with both Housekeeping and Maintenance persons working that day in order to maintain smooth operation of the property and guest satisfaction.
13. Send faxes, make copies and other request from guests while ensuring to charge proper prices for all business services.
14. Be alert to and respond to guests needs while ensuring special requests are dealt with or channeled through the appropriate department, follow up as required in order to contribute to the development of customer loyalty.
15. Carry out security checks of the lobby to ensure property and employee safety following procedures laid down by property policy.
16. Ensure full completion of all duties relating to the shift and a concise handover in order to maintain smooth running of the property, effective team work and guest satisfaction.
17. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
18. Perform any other job related duties as requested by management.
online – https://ca.indeed.com/jobs?q&l=Belleville%2C%20ON&sort=date&vjk=d05f3695dbc528af