Job Opening Information
8 hour shift Day shift Monday to Friday Weekend availability
TBD; Benefits: Dental care
The Fabrication Shop Manager will lead in all domains of the Metal Fabrication departments (the infrastructure, the people, and the work) through effective planning, organization, and supervision.
This position requires an individual with sound leadership and the ability to motivate all employees in a selected areas. Must be analytical, organized and capable of making sound decisions. Responsible for coordinating the activities of employees and promoting a safe workplace.
Strong Knowledge of Custom aluminum, stainless steel and structural steel. Must understand the scope of work and organize the workflow in the shop to effectively meet customer’s deadlines. Oversee day-to-day operations. Review shop drawings for production. Responsible for ensuring that productivity and quality goals are communicated to staff, and are met or exceeded. Responsible for ensuring jobs are done safety, correctly and completed on time Assist with setups. Ensure a high level of quality control. Train and mentor employees to increase their skill level in all activities. On an ongoing basis, monitor employees performance, identify and resolve issues and concerns. Maintain communications between Management. Regularly inspect area for hazards and implement corrective action.
This position is expected to display a high degree of personal initiative and must be able to identify and resolve production problems independently with minimal guidance and/or supervision. For problems outside the Managers capacity to resolve, timely and effective communication with the Project Managers, and Project Coordinators. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- 5+ years experience as a supervision and Fabricator
- Ability to schedule and delegate work
- CWB AND AWS Welding supervisor course completion is an asset
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and engineered drawings
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficient problem-solving skills.
- Dedicated team-player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Continuously anticipate tools/equipment needed to successfully complete all projects moving through metal fabrication
- Be responsible for the maintenance and care of all Company-owned department machines and troubleshoot equipment as necessary;
- In conjunction with Project Coordinators, identify, establish, and maintain a ‘ready stock’ inventory of materials and hardware required for department use.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Stirling, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Experience: Welding: 5 years (preferred)
Apply and/or view the full job posting at https://www.wowjobs.ca/posting/5_ZXOg66uVpjTgNuTmS9-gnUJ_SmzUu4mkTh8SixOy0bUy8m7-9AOM7jncu9vjAd?q=&l=Trent+Hills%2C+ON&tkt=serp&adBlob=-6NYlbfkN0BtYdDSjv9IL2_1b_1Wt7Mb8tYWYOP7jriW2UsPR8kbTxH3vZ7eqPO912XDEYl1misfhCdxQ59QlCEgb1p8rppZia_f4pFzule58d9a-brxPcRbXY_-khbHR0N70RZ31TZKXaKY4KTPsyxsvA7Nn0dV28wiP54oTseZzGRZXQZBsPmVnOrYInvdx97YgM7gfSupLjFjRguIAY3OUxt29YMEttneqUXylDy_9RkgBxKZqRb64AmNpC-3uxI990mZbXfBdVUF1CD3Lifz1DdcZdZFxAqMbJ5Ty_DOYAfUWuoGZPlt4sO0t3T0QU8ObRhnxngP6x6FYwTgN_aYf_PsC5eXhTXSfX5srYxbbW9xjU9MpSWjhQdQfe2gFfy1j_-saH4%3D&sid=ja&kw=dy8wEXlyou08fKaNhEB9rBQd8TI4CF-sZXIQhsfI&jaact=dy8wEXlyou08fKaNhEB9rBQd8TI4CF-sZXIQhsfI&jatk=1gnhutdfhmvth800&from=ja