Job Opening Information
Our offering includes Competitive compensation Potential for Profit Sharing Employee Shopping Discounts
The Cashier team member works in a fast-paced environment that involves constant interaction with customers. This position requires delivering friendly and courteous service while processing customer purchases efficiently and correctly. This role involves the operation of a computerized cash register.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Operates cash register and processes customer purchases efficiently, following standardized procedures.
- Accurately verifies merchandise quantities, descriptions and prices when processing customer purchases.
- Handles multiple customers in an effective and efficient manner.
- Deals with challenging situations and conflict resolution in a professional manner.
- Responsible for facilitating Customer Returns, Exchanges and Warranties as per Canadian Tire policy and procedures.
- In addition to learning and operating the Customer Service Cash, the role involves being cross-train on the Retail Floor with the expectation of working in the Departments as needed.
- Highly approachable, customer-oriented individual who thrives in offering exceptional service to customers.
- Strong belief in the Canadian Tire values of honesty, integrity, and respect.
- Effective oral communication skills and the ability to maintain professional communication, even in challenging situations.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to resolve retail and/or customer issues.
- Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
- Positive attitude, punctuality and solid work ethic.
- Strong mathematical ability.
High-School or Equivalent
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Customer Service Representative, Merchandiser, Cashier Supervisor, and Department Manager.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise item may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Check
- Employment Verifications
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit Check
Apply and/or view the full job posting at https://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=029699546a366b00&l=Stirling-Rawdon%2C+ON&tk=1gidh2q76mvro803&from=ja&alid=59c25d95e4b0a21306d9bd79&utm_campaign=job_alerts&utm_medium=email&utm_source=jobseeker_emails&rgtk=1gidh2q76mvro803