Job Opening Information
$22.92 & $23.73 (probationary rate) $23.17 & $23.98 (after probationary period)
• Prepare and set up of meals as per posted menu and production sheets.
• Portion appropriate food items as per standard portion sizes on posted menus.
• Follow and adhere to all Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Standards.
• Follow and adhere to Public Health Standards in preparation and storage of food.
• Ensure a quality product is produced and ensure a quality product is served by
communicating and working with Dietary Aides.
• Provide guidance and assistance to other Dietary staff with daily production
• Follow production books / follow standardized recipes.
• Maintain a clean and sanitized work area / kitchen.
• Operate kitchen equipment / clean kitchen equipment – as per procedures.
• Receive groceries and ensure the kitchen is stocked using FIFO.
• Maintain accurate documentation and records as established by the Home.
• Other duties as assigned
• A chef training diploma or certificate or a culinary management diploma or certificate in
accordance with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Homes Act and
Regulations, or a certificate of qualification as a Cook issued by the Director of
• Ministry Approved Food Service Worker Certificate
• Current Food Handler Certificate from the Public Health Unit.
• Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent.
• Knowledge of Food Premises Regulations made under the Public Health Act.
• Demonstrated ability to:
o Organize and manage time
o Be a team leader
o Work with minimal supervision
o Regularly and punctually attend work
o Complete tasks as a team player to ensure cooperation and excellence in
o Accurately follow and meet Ministry Standards, written procedures, and verbal
• Have good communication skills and problem solving abilities
Interested candidates may submit their resume and covering letter to the following:
Human Resources Advisor
Talent Management & Acquisition
Please quote “2022-1133-CM-56 – Your Name” in the subject line.