Community Development Coordinator – Maggie’s Resource Centre
Job Opening Information
About the Position:
The Community Development Coordinator (CDC) is a new position for the agency. It will require a self-motivated and dependable person that will be tasked with the planning, coordination and implementation of the agency’s Communications and Development plan for 2023 – 2025
The CDC will serve as a liaison with the community to promote the organization and share information about our mission and services in an effective way to broaden public awareness and to increase community donations and support.
This is a one-year contract with an end date set for March of 2024.
Duties and responsibilities:
- The CDC will develop and initiate a 3-year resource development plan that includes: grants and foundations support, government funding, fundraising initiatives, donor development management, community outreach and generally outlines feasible fundraising strategies to ensure capital and annual operating needs are met.
- develop an annual Fundraising Plan that includes timelines and specific measurable outcomes and includes innovative and conventional fundraising strategies.
- lead the organization’s fundraising strategy through identification, cultivation, and solicitation from all forms of donors, including individual, corporate, and in-kind.
- ensure all fundraising activities are compliant with funding sources, common practices, organizational guidelines, and government requirements including tax/license requirements where applicable.
- plan and implement recognition and appreciation activities to adequately thank, reinforce and retain long-term relationships with donors.
- create and implement a Fundraising Volunteer Program to carry out fundraising activities for the agency.
- research grant foundations, service clubs and government project funding opportunities and create a database for the agency to consider for future financial needs.
- prepare and submit grant applications that are appropriate to the mission of the agency.
- Develop an annual Communications Plan that includes timelines and specific measurable outcomes and includes innovative and conventional communications strategies to increase public awareness of our agency, mission, and services.
- Liaise with local media sources to ensure frequent and accurate media exposure for the agency.
- Engage in networking activities with community groups and key stakeholders that will provide opportunities to increase the organization’s contact network.
- Build community relationships through various speaking engagements.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Extensive Knowledge of the North Hastings community and its services
- Proven record in fundraising, especially in the area of major gifts.
- Excellent professional writing, editing, research and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent networking, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, email, Adobe Acrobat,
- Extensive experience with the use of social media platforms for public awareness
- Demonstrated time-management and organizational skills.
- An understanding of the Non-Profit and social services sector.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Sensitivity to working in a culturally diverse environment.
- Valid CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screen
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License with $1,000,000 liability
- CFRE designation is an asset.
Please submit resume with cover letter to the attention of:
Tanya MacKinnon, Executive Director
Maggie’s Resource Centre
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an
interview will be contacted.