The Warden of the County is elected by peers on County Council for a term of two years. The Warden represents and supports County Council, declaring its will and implicitly obeying its decisions in all things. The current Warden is Rick Phillips, Reeve of the Township of Tyendinaga. His term of Warden is 2019-20. The County of Hastings is a member of the Eastern Ontario Wardens’ Caucus Inc.. The Caucus consists of 11 counties and the single tier municipalities of the City of Kawartha Lakes and Prince Edward County, representing some 900,000 property owners across the region. The Caucus is an advocate for Eastern Ontario in an effort to bring about positive change in the communities by making coordinated recommendations to both the provincial and federal governments. The CAO and Warden are both active members of this group and participate on committees and boards that work toward improvements in the development and improvement of the communities of Eastern Ontario. More information on EOWC Inc.
Hastings County Council is made up of the Heads of Council of its 14 member municipalities. County Council meets monthly to receive reports from standing committees and make decisions on the delivery of services to its residents. County Council traditionally meets the last Thursday of each month with open session starting at 10:00 am.
Standing Committees of Council include:
(Please note, meeting dates change from time to time. For an accurate listing of upcoming meetings, please go to “Agendas and Minutes” page for all upcoming agendas and meeting dates)
- Finance, Property and Personnel – meets monthly on the third Tuesday, immediately following the Planning & Development Committee Meeting
- Planning and Development – meets monthly on the third Tuesday at 9:30 am
- Community and Human Services – meets monthly on the second Wednesday at 9:30 am
- Hastings/Quinte Emergency Services – meets monthly on the second Wednesday at 10:30 am
- Hastings/Quinte Long-Term Care – meets monthly on the second Wednesday at 11:30 am
- Joint Provincial Offences Board – meets as required
- 9-1-1 Sub-Committee – meets as required
- Accessibility Advisory Committee – meets as required
- Archives Committee – meets as required
- Housing Sub-Committee – meets as required
Council minutes and by-laws
Please note: Internet Explorer required for using archived minutes
Agendas and minutes of County Council and Committees.