Hastings County Children’s Services provides child care fee subsidies to assist families in accessing quality child care. If parents or guardians qualify, child care costs at licensed centres and home-based providers may be fully subsidized, or partially subsidized, with parents required to pay a portion of monthly child care costs.
Find information below about:
Qualifying for Child Care Fee Subsidy
Child Care Fee Subsidy Calculator
How to apply for Child Care Fee Subsidy
Child Care Subsidy Application Appointment
Your Responsibility while receiving Child Care Fee Subsidy
School-Age Recreation Programs
TO APPLY FOR CHILD CARE FEE SUBSIDY
Child Care Fee Subsidy
If your combined net income from line 23600 of your most current Notice of Assessment for yourself and your spouse is less than $20,000 your childcare will be fully subsidized. If your combined net income is over $20,000 you will be required to pay a portion of your childcare costs. There is no cut-off income level for eligibility for subsidy, as long as your childcare costs are higher than your determined monthly contribution.
A families’ determined monthly contribution may be reduced up-to 50% depending on the number of Canada Wide Early Learning and Child Care (CWELCC) eligible children in your family and if the child care program is participating in CWELCC.
Hastings County encourages all families to apply for child care subsidy as final eligibility is determined by a Child Care Caseworker.
The table below lists examples of family/parental contributions before any CWELCC deductions:
FOR CHILD CARE FEE SUBSIDY
for your child care fee subsidy appointment
Child Care Fee Subsidy Application Appointment
required documentation for child care subsidy
The Next Steps
After eligibility has been determined by your Caseworker:
- We send an approval letter to the child care program informing them when your child(ren) can start and what your monthly parent contribution amount will be
- Enroll your child(ren) at the child care program
- We ask that you keep us informed of any changes in your circumstances. Our staff will review your information every six months, and a full review will be completed annually
While Receiving your Child Care Subsidy
To maintain your child care subsidy, you must:
- Notify Hastings County of all financial changes immediately
- Pay your child care fees directly to your child care service provider by the due date
- Respond to any request or contact that your Hastings County Children’s Services caseworker makes with you
- Complete the six-month review form and return it to Hastings County Children’s Services; complete the annual in-person review with Hastings County Children’s Services
- File income tax return each year
School-Age Summer Recreation Programs
To qualify for school-age summer recreation programs in Belleville, Quinte West, and Tweed:
- You must live in Hastings County
- You must be working OR going to school at least three days a week (Monday-Friday)
- Your child must be at least 4 years of age by September of the current year
- You must meet the financial criteria determined at your initial appointment with a child care caseworker
Choose the weeks of summer you would like your child to attend, and confirm those dates are available with the YMCA and City of Belleville. Contact Hastings County Intake Access Centre at 613-771-9630 or 1-866-414-0300 to schedule an appointment to complete the application process.
- Choose the weeks of summer you would like your child to attend, and confirm those dates are available with the YMCA or City of Belleville
- Contact your current Hastings County Children’s Services caseworker with this information
- If eligible, your caseworker will send an approval letter to the camp provider to verify your space in the program