The County of Hastings is currently accepting applications for a Part-Time Dietitian. The primary function of this position is to perform direct and indirect clinical activities related to the provision of the Nutrition Care and Hydration Program for Hastings Centennial Manor in compliance with the Ministry of Long-Term Care standards for Nutrition Care and Food Service. The position will provide 14 hours of coverage for the home per week to meet legislative requirements. There is opportunity to develop a flexible work schedule.
- Consult and collaborate with the Medical Director and Attending Physicians, and registered staff in the home.
- Provide overall nutritional care and counselling to the Residents of the Facility. Assess the nutritional status of the Residents and develop individualized care plans; implement, monitor and evaluate plans. Including admission, quarterly and annual RAI-MDS assessments, wound and weight reviews.
- Participate on committees and attend meetings as may be required. Including but not limited to Professional Advisory Meetings, Resident Multidisciplinary Conferences, Quality Improvement, Infection Control, Accreditation, and Resident Safety as required.
- Address individual resident nutrition needs and complete Dining Program Assessments as necessary and make recommendations as required.
- Assist with menu development, including meeting with Resident Council in accordance to Ministry of LTC standards and guidelines
- Approve menus as per legislative requirements.
- Assist with development, implementation and maintenance of policy and procedures specific to resident care, food safety and Ministry of Health long-term care standards.
- Be aware of and follow emergency response procedures including all practice drills as required
- Be accountable for the delivery of high quality, safe and reliable care along with a safe work environment to ensure and protect the health and safety of those who use and deliver the programs and services provided by Hastings/Quinte Long Term Care Services.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Foods and Nutrition or equivalent
- Member in good standing with the Ontario College of Dietitians
- Maintain or be eligible for membership with the Dietitians of Canada.
- 2 or more years’ experience in Long Term Care setting or similar
- High level of proficiency in both written and oral communication and computer literacy.
- Excellent planning and organization skills, and the ability to analyze, process and make recommendations.
- Expertise in Resident Focused Care.
- Excellent public relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment and demonstrate sound decision making, time management and administrative skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of regulations governing long term care facilities under the Long-Term Care Homes Act as they relate to dietary services.
- Best practices within areas of responsibility.
Hours of Work:
14 hours onsite weekly
$41.52 - $48.57 per hour
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information collected will be used only for the purposes of this employment opportunity. We thank all candidates who apply but advise that only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted. The County of Hastings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation. The successful candidate will be required to provide a clear Criminal Record Check and/or Vulnerable Sector Check.