Hastings Manor is a municipal long-term care facility for two hundred and fifty-three (253) residents owned and operated by the Corporation of the County of Hastings. The five storey facility is located at 476 Dundas St. W, Belleville, Ontario. The County is inviting submissions from experienced applicants for the provision of hairdressing services at Hastings Manor. The successful applicant will provide the services as an independent operator and will be required to enter into a contract for services agreement. Hairdressing services will be paid for by the individual residents at rates determined by Hastings Manor; the services will be at no cost to Hastings Manor. The successful applicant will be required to provide the services for a minimum of four (4) days a week from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. INQUIRIES Any inquiries for additional information or clarification with regard to providing the hairdressing services should be directed to: Kristen Merritt, Administrator, Hastings Manor 613-968-6467 X 2232 or email@example.com.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter indicating their interest in the position and describing their qualifications and experience for providing the services. Applicants may be asked to meet with the County to discuss their submission.
The County anticipates awarding this contract in May 2023. Submissions will be evaluated on the ability and qualifications of the applicant to perform the work and meet the specifications described, experience with working with seniors and the references provided. The successful applicant will be required to enter into a services specific agreement with the County. The agreement will be for a period of three (3) years with an option for two (2) renewals of one (1) year each. Each renewal extension option will be subject to satisfactory service, performance, and a continued requirement by the County. Extensions are to be mutually acceptable with any changes to be negotiated between the County and the Successful Respondent at the time of renewal.
Annual Revenues and Price Schedule
The rates for services should be proposed as part of the RFP and will be approved by the Long Term Care Committee annually. Total gross revenues for 2022 were approximately $34,000 The successful applicant will be required to pay a monthly rent of $250 for the use of the space provided by the County at Hastings Manor.
Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years experience in the provision of hairdressing services for seniors and possess good hairdressing knowledge and skills. Experience in a long term care facility or a similar setting is preferred. Applicants are required to provide references to attest to their hairdressing ability. The Hairdresser agrees to receive the annual flu shot and provide proof of such to the County of Hastings. The successful applicant shall be required to have a valid license for hairdressing, a Level 1 criminal record check and Commercial Genaral Liability Insurance in the amount of Two (2) million dollars, with the County of Hastings named as additional insured.
In the event that the successful candidate fails to perform the services in accordance with the terms, conditions and specifications stated herein, the County reserves the right to terminate the contract on sixty (60) days written notice and obtain the services of an alternate Hairdresser, without penalty.
Scope of Services
The Hairdresser shall pay rent of Two Hundred & Fifty Dollars ($250.00) a month to Hastings Manor, which includes cost of utilities and housekeeping for the Salon. The successful applicant is paid weekly on Friday through EFT with the monthly rent being deducted in the second week of the month. Hastings Manor shall provide for the successful applicant a dedicated hair salon room on the main floor equipped with a hairdressing chair, a sink and vanity, a mirror and client waiting chairs. The price schedule for hairdressing services will be approved by Hastings Manor, with approval required by Hastings/Quinte Long-Term Care Committee and Hastings County Council.
The services shall include the following:
- Provide high quality Hairdressing services to all residents of Hastings Manor as requested, primarily for the female population of the Home
- Supply all hairdressing products, (shampoo, conditioner, perm solution, etc)
- Provide all hairdressing tools as required, including combs, brushes, pics, rollers, and hand hair-dryer, ensuring proper disinfection processes are followed after each resident
- Post the list of prices in the salon room, and provide a list of prices in writing to the Resident and/or family member as requested
- Obtain written consent from the Resident and/or family member before submitting account for payment
- Provide Residents and/or family members with a choice of appointment times
- Hairdresser must be pleasant and courteous, have a good attitude and enjoy working with a seniors population, handicapped people, confused Residents and at times uncooperative Residents.
- Hairdresser must treat all residents and staff with respect and dignity
- Hairdresser must repect all residents privacy and confidentiality at all times
- Hairdresser must operate within the requirements of the MOHLTC ensuring a zero tolerance for abuse, orientation / training will be provided by the home.
- Hairdresser must provide assistance with the transportation of residents /clients must respect the staff in the Home and have good communication skills;
- Hairdresser must follow the Safety Policy of the County, the safety rules of the Home and County Policy on Rules of Conduct;
- Hairdresser must participate in annual training for Abuse and Fire Safety as required by the home;
- Hairdresser shall keep the Hairdressing Salon clean and in a tidy conditon, acceptable to the Home;
- Hairdresser must advise the Home with as much notice as possible if she/he is unable to open the Salon
- Hairdresser must ensure all Infection Control guidelines are followed and adherence to Public Health Inspections.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information collected will be used only for the purposes of this employment opportunity. We thank all candidates who apply but advise that only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted. The County of Hastings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation. The successful candidate will be required to provide a clear Criminal Record Check and/or Vulnerable Sector Check.