Categories: Warden & County Council
Posted On: February 1, 2021
Bonnie Adams, Mayor of the Township of Carlow/Mayo, was elected today as the first Deputy Warden of Hastings County for 2021-2022.
“I would like to thank Council members for placing your confidence in me by electing me to the position of Deputy Warden,” stated Adams. “I don’t take this position lightly and I will work with Warden Phillips to continue to uphold the values of Hastings County with integrity and honesty.”
“I am very humbled to be able to assist Warden Phillips during the next 2 years, while working to continue to provide much needed services to all of our residents,” added Adams. “I would like to thank County staff for all of their assistance and for everything they do. They are our lifeline, and neither of us can do our job without their amazing support.”
- Hastings County has established the new position of Deputy Warden for 2021-2022. With its 14 member municipalities and partner cities of Belleville and Quinte West, Hastings County serves over 140,000 residents.
- In a typical year, the Warden’s office receives between 70 and 90 inviations to attend functions and represent the County. Recognizing the importance of attending these functions, in addition to the many other duties of the Warden, County Council voted to create the Deputy Warden position.
- When asked by the Warden, the Deputy Warden will act on behalf of the Warden, and will perform the duties of Head of Council. Among other duties, when asked, the Deputy Warden will also:
- attend community functions and represent the Warden
- support the Warden and and the County by being present at meetings, delegations at AMO, ROMA and other municipal conferences
- support the advocacy efforts of the Warden with local, provincial, and federal officials