NOMINATIONS ARE OPENING FOR OUR TOURISM AWARDS
Starting Wednesday, June 28th, nominations for the annual Hastings County Tourism Awards (formerly known as HOTie Awards) will be open.
|A group shot of all the recipients for the 2016 Tourism Awards at the Tourism Awards Celebration held at The River Inn in Corbyville on October 21, 2016
The Hastings County Tourism Awards give recognition to the tourism businesses, organizations and individuals who have made significant achievements from September 2016 - August 2017.
Categories for awards include:
- Champion of the Year
- Festival of the Year
- MVP (Individual) of the Year
An organization and/or individual may nominate themselves and/or another business, organization and/or individual. Nominees must be located and/or operate within Hastings County's 14 member municipalities (excluding Belleville and Quinte West).
The Nomination Process
- The nomination period is open from June 28th until July 31st. A nomination form must be submitted in order to be considered, and businesses/organizations can self-nominate for the Tourism Champion and Festival of the Year awards.
- Once the nomination period closes, nominees will be contacted to accept their nomination and they will need to complete a questionnaire specific to the award category they are nominated for, by September 15th to be considered a nominee.
- A panel of judges made up of professionals from the tourism industry will review the nominees and their submissions throughout September and October, and will select a winner for each of the three categories.
- Winners will be announced at the Tourism Awards Celebration on Monday, October 23rd at the Village Playhouse in Bancroft, ON. Tickets to the Tourism Awards Celebration will be on sale through EventBrite from October 1st until October 19th.
THE DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS IS MONDAY, JULY 31st AT 4:00PM
How do you submit a nomination?
Nominations can be submitted using one of the following options:
For additional assistance or if you have questions regarding the nomination process, please contact Kasey Rogerson at 613.699.6712 x4012.