Do you need to register your business? In the Province of Ontario, you must register under the Business Names Act if you are a:
- Sole proprietorship (one owner) carrying on business under a name other than your own full name;
- Partnership carrying on business under a firm name other than the full names of you and your partners;
- Corporation carrying on business under a name other than your corporate name;
- An existing general partnership or limited partnership registering a business name different from your registered firm name;
- Limited liability partnership;
- Extra-provincial limited liability partnership; and
- Extra-provincial limited liability company.
For more information click here to download a Registering Your Business Name in Ontario Information Sheet.
To register a business name and obtain a Master Business Licence, you are invited to visit Business Registration Online (BRO).
Andrew Redden, Ec.D.
Economic Development Manager
15 Victoria Avenue
Box 2, 2nd Floor
Belleville, ON K8N 1Z5
T: 866.321.9563 or 613.966.6712 ext. 4011