Today I came across this column in the Frontenac Gazette. It gave me the idea to put together the following quiz about Hastings County. Let's see how much you know.
1. When was Hastings County established?
2. Which of the following is not a hamlet in our County?
3. Hastings County is made up of how many member (lower-tier) municipalities?
4. Who is the current Warden of Hastings County?
a) Daryl Kramp
b) Rick Phillips
c) Robert Scott
d) Dave Smallwood
5. In terms of geographic size, there are several large counties in Ontario, while Hastings County is the:
b) Second largest
c) Third Largest
d) Fourth Largest
6: How many members are there of Hastings County Council including the Warden?
7. Which of the following are services that Hastings County does not provide?
a) Planning, including land division, emergency 9-1-1, mapping services and economic development
b) Emergency Services (land ambulance)
c) Social Services, including Ontario Works
d) Public Works, including transportation/roads
8. Which of the following is not a former Hastings County Township?
9. In the Hastings County Tourism Master Plan, several core attractors were identified. Which of the following is not considered one of Hastings County's core attractors?
a) Log rolling
b) Outdoor recreation including trails
c) Gems and minerals
d) Arts, Culture & Heritage
10. Hastings County's official anthem is?
a) Roads to rocky hills
b) The Mighty Moira
c) The Log Driver's Waltz
d) Counties don't have anthems
Answers: 1-b, 2-c, 3-b, 4-b, 5-b, 6-d, 7-c, 8-c, 9-a, 10-d.
If you got 0-3 right, you need to get a copy of the Hastings County Atlas
If you got 4-6 right, not bad, but perhaps you got tripped up with Log Rolling
If you got 7-9 right, good job, but did you get carried away singing The Mighty Moira?
If you got all 10 right, congrats since we couldn't fool you!