Hastings County is home to artisanal cheese makers, microbreweries, furniture makers, live theatre, multimedia producers and numerous artists. Our agriculture and natural resources are adapting to a new economy which supports revitalized main streets and high speed Internet access. Hastings County is good for business.
Here is our most recent Situation Analysis of our economy, and our Economic Development Action Plan.
Our key targets, are:
- Lone Eagles - people with transferable skills and don't have to be in a big city to operate their business, and those that are seeking the excellent quality of life and extensive natural amenities we offer
- Value-added agri-ventures - this includes artisanal cheese making and craft microbrewing
Other key targets include:
- Downtown investment - working to promote investment opportunities in our eight main street districts
- New tourism investment - such as in accommodations, attractions and other related types of investment
- Forestry and related wood product opportunities - we are working with our Bancroft and Area Forestry Industry Association (BAFIA) and other partners to help identify specific opportunities that can be capitalized upon
Our Economic Development staff can help you invest wisely by providing the information you need and by introducing you to the right business and government leaders.
- Career Edge provides a variety of employment services for both youth and adults. You can contact the Bancroft office at 613-332-3804 or in Belleville at 613-969-0192.
- Postings by Loyalist College for jobs around the region
- Meta Employment Services is an Employment Ontario funded program and part of the Employment Ontario network of organizations that provides help with all your job search needs.
- Employment Ontario helps you get the training, skills and experience to achieve your goals. They connect people looking for work with employers looking for workers.
- Job Bank managed by the Government of Canada provides the most jobs posted on the Internet.